- SELF CARE IS JUST AS IMPORTANT AS ANY OTHER RELATIONSHIP YOU HAVE. It’s okay to love yourself. Having a healthy self esteem is so important to achieving your goals. I can’t tell you how many times I didn’t take a good risk because I had low self esteem. So go get in front of that mirror and tell yourself you love you and your worth anything!
- TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS. Seriously when your gut is saying there is something fishy about a situation or wrong go with your intuition and get out of there. I was 17 and I was rollerblading at a local park at 9 in the dark of night when a man pulled up into the park driveway. The man motioned for me to come to the vehicle I shook my head no. The man proceeded to reach for something under his seat. Immediately I had the intuition it was a gun. I hauled you know what out of there. I got a head start and he spun out following me home. He was right on my tail. Thankfully there were people out front and he took off. So friends take those protect yourself vibes seriously. They could save your life.
- WRITE DOWN YOUR GOALS and keep them in plain sight so that you make yourself accountable. Setting goals in life is important. If you don’t set any you could find yourself aimlessly wandering in life. A purposeless life is no way to live.
- CULTIVATE HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS… When it comes to friendships and even familial relationships no one wants to deal with a toxic person. Do not be afraid to periodically evaluate those relationships to see if they are MUTUALLY beneficial. If you seem to sense that someone is taking advantage of you, being an energy vampire, or just plain sucks at caring for you let that sh*t go. Your wellbeing is important if a person seems to not care then it’s time.
- BE KINDER TO PEOPLE… when I was younger I had a habit of being, well a bit*h. I had a chip on my shoulder and I wasn’t afraid to let everyone know it. I noticed as I matured and recognized this character flaw that I was just projecting onto other people my own unhappiness. How selfish! When I “grew up” as it were I noticed the sweet honey effect kindness had on people I decided not to go back to that negative person I was before.
- REMEMBER WORDS DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE POWER OVER YOU…Of course words can hurt but you control your own feelings and the effect they have over you. Again it comes down to letting that sh*t go. If a person wants to mouth off let them look like scum and don’t even respond it’s not worth your time.
- IF SOMEONE WANTS TO ACT LIKE A FRIEND BUT TALK SH*T ABOUT YOU BEHIND YOUR BACK fu*k it. In the words of Elsa on Frozen let it goooooo let it goooo. I have had so many friends and family do this and it is negative energy best shunned. A good friend is a friend you can trust. If someone is shady or spreads your personal business around they are not worth your time.
- TO HAVE GOOD FRIENDS YOU HAVE TO BE A GOOD FRIEND…. Remember the golden rule? Do unto others what you would want done to you. In any relationship it is about bring value to that person’s life and vice versa. Be the kind of friend you would personally want in your life then you will naturally attract that same type of person.
- MAKE PERSONAL GROWTH A PRIORITY… What do I mean by that you ask? Well we need to be constantly looking for ways to improve upon our personality. What are your personal weaknesses? Is it pride, selfish tendencies, are you caddy, what is you weakness? Identify it and work to alleviate it. Really you have much to benefit by this action you will feel better about yourself and life in general.
Well that is it my lovely friends! What would you tell your younger self? Leave it in the comments! I would love to hear about it. As always friends take care and Farewell! Be sure to like, comment, and feel free to share this article.